Monday, August 17, 2009

MY BLOODY VALENTINO

I seen so many references to this band. I like their records. Loveless blew my mind when i was 19 like maybe SF sarrow did to some high bloke in 69. I've always equated MBV much closer to a punk band than some kinda wimpy breathy girl gasps (like I see them lumped in with so often). Perhaps save that for Sonic Youth. Kevin Shields once told me about the band rising out of the squats and stealing bootlegs back from record stores. Crass Pins. Working class english punks taking it as far as they could. As is the case with lot of great bands, white critics and white "indy" kids stand around holding the painting upside down and backwards..I guess it comes down to POV.

These two have more in common than most anything I've tried to hear ape MBV..Lilys included and I like that shit too. But now that they are back everyone can stop it.



No comments: